Consumption of fast food, deep fried snacks leads to the accumulation of cholesterol in the arteries that led to fatal health issues such as heart attack and strokes. These calorie-rich foods also have a significant contribution to the country’s increasing rate of obesity. Besides consulting a doctor or shedding sweat in the gym it’s equally important to incorporate a healthy diet and maintain a systematic lifestyle.
Intake of cold water fishes like salmon, herring, and sardines full of Omega3 fatty acids helps in eliminating LDL- low- density lipoprotein (bad cholesterol) and petroleum extracted from fish is regarded among the potent sources of omega3 fatty acids. Markets are flooded with many omega3 supplements but it is always helpful to extract from the natural sources.
Fish oil provides a wide selection of benefits to a lot of health ailments that have been clinically demonstrated. Consumption of the oil derived from fish’s liver helps in getting rid of depression, tension, arthritis, weight loss and many more. Let’s talk about a few proven health benefits of this oil.
• Lower heart risks: The oil is regarded as the best caretaker of the heart. The Omega3 fatty acids help in combating the bad cholesterol which higher the risk of heart attacks and related disease and also assist in keeping the normal heart rate.
• Fights cancer: Being a rich supply of long-chain omega3 fatty acids, fish oil has the potential to blunt the production of Cox- 2 derived prostanoids in cancer cells.
• Treats Alzheimer’s: From various studies, it has been demonstrated that the fatty acid in the oil is critical for proper brain function and its long term ingestion by the adults may prevent brain shrinkage.
• Stress: Oil from fish is regarded an essential food for the healthy brain growth during the growth period of a human being since supplying fish to the children at this stage will keep them away from stress and anxiety.
This oil can combat depression and effectively improves emotional well being.
• Fertility & pregnancy: Research proves that mothers who included liver of the fish in their diet during pregnancy gave birth to the children with great problem-solving skills in addition with great hair and skin.
• Fight Diabetes: New research suggests that oil derived from fish is effective at reducing the risk of diabetes by reducing oxidative stress which plays a vital role in the progression of diabetes. That’s the reason this oil is currently prescribed in the diabetic diet program.
• Good for eyes: Dry eyes are the most frequent problem today and the omega3 in the fish oil aids in producing oil in the meibomian gland in the uterus that floats across the eye maintaining the eye moisturize with the tears and prevents it from getting evaporated.
• Good skin and hair: The fatty acid from the oil extracted from fish hydrates the skin and keeps skin smooth with an elastic feel. The fatty acids contain EPA and DHA which prevents conditions like eczema, psoriasis, Animal Pros, and psoriasis and is a much essential component in maintaining the skin and hair moisturized.
• Weight Loss: Fish oil can help to get rid of obesity. The omega3 help in fat oxidation by breaking down the fat molecules into fatty acids and triglycerides thereby mobilizing the fat and also helps in building muscles.
• Enhances immune system: Omega3 from the oil helps in enhancing the performance of the immune cells. Salmon is the perfect fish whose oil and astaxanthin functions as the greatest immune boosting health food.
Oil from fish contains anti-inflammatory properties that treat chronic inflammation.
• Fight bone disorder: The omega3fatty acids feature in the oil of fishes such as sardine, tuna, salmon helps in bone development with higher density which prevents various bone disease. However, the effect may vary with the intake of supplements.
Conclusion: The benefits of fish oil was shown clinically as crucial components in fighting many health ailments but for the patients it is quite important to go for proper medical diagnosis prior to undergoing any dietary treatment.